Tulio Ristorante's Sustainable Practices
Tulio and Chef Walter Pisano are committed to environmental and social responsibility as well as to giving our customers the very best. From developing supportive relationships with local Seattle farmers to recycling everything possible, we are steadfastly dedicated to a greener future. Our eco-friendly practices translate directly to the table for flavorful food of the highest integrity.
A proud proponent of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants EarthCare program, Tulio's practices include:
- All of Tulio's kitchen grease and excess cooking oils are recycled into bio-diesel fuel.
- Chef Pisano's dishes feature seasonal organic and local ingredients.
- All beef is source-verified 100% Angus and tested to be BSE-free.
- When selecting seafood, Chef Pisano adheres to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program standards.
- Tulio serves organic coffee, tea and juices.
- Our wine list includes superb organic and biodynamic selections.
- We use low-flow dishwashing spray valves and faucet aerators in bathrooms and hand-wash stations.
- Tulio uses only biodegradable detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Energy efficient lighting is used in kitchen areas, and low-energy LED lighting is used for all exit lights.
- Tulio recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, wood, plastic and aluminum products, and does not use Styrofoam for any purpose.
- All take-out containers and utensils are biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled content.
- All menus are printed on recycled paper with soy ink wherever possible.